Image optimization plays a good role in terms of making a site load faster. Compressing images help you to optimize image sizes, resolutions so that your images load faster and help your site to rank well in search engine. I used to use Smush it image compressor in WordPress blogs but later Smush it plugin was sold out to WPMU Dev team and I stopped using it because WPMU Devs were charging per 1000 image compression. However, I figured out another free of cost way to do it. In this article, you will learn how to compress images in WordPress if you don’t want to pay smush it devs for per 1000 images compression. I almost forgot to tell you that, I am sharing 3 methods to compress images in WordPress so if the first method doesn’t work with your hosting then try another and so on.
Compress images in WordPress
So, hold your breath and stop using paid image compression plugins, because there are free image compression plugins exist as well even more powerful.
Compress JPEG & PNG images
Compress jpeg & png images plugin makes sure your website runs faster by simply optimizing your JPEG and PNG images. You don’t have to specify the time of images being optimized just chill, it automatically optimizes all your images by integrating with the popular image compression services TinyJPG and TinyPNG.
- It automatically optimizes new images on upload
- Easy bulk optimization of your existing media library
- Preserve copyright metadata, creation date and GPS location in the original images.
- Resize large original images by setting a maximum width and/or height
- Supports compression of animated PNG
- Multisite support with a single API key
- Select which thumbnail sizes of an image may be optimized
- WooCommerce compatible
- WP Offload S3 compatible
- WP Retina 2x compatible
- Color profiles are automatically translated to the standard RGB color space
- See your usage from the media settings and during bulk optimization
- Convert CMYK to RGB to save more space and maximize compatibility
- Dashboard widget with your total savings
- Optimize and resize uploads with the WordPress mobile app
- No file size limits
Another plugin to optimize images for free is EWWW Image Optimizer.
Paid image optimization plugins:
So, now you won’t be worried about the image compression and enjoy the fastest website you will ever have. 🙂