social networking sites and its impact on youth pdf,The influence of social media on adolescents and teenagers is of great importance, not only because this particular group of children is developmentally vulnerable but also because they are among the heaviest users of social networking all around the world. According to a report 75% of teenagers in America currently have their profiles on social networking websites of which 68% people are Facebook users.
As social networking websites have brought us closer to each other and we can communicate easily through each other easily in the same manner the negative impacts of social networking websites cannot be overlooked. At first we will look into the benefits provided due to the social networking websites and social media, and afterwards we will look into the demerits of it.
Social media plays a vital role in the field of following:
- The trend of virtual learning is so common these days and one can easily interact with their teachers an peers in no time.
- Students have free and easy access to stuff which they would be needing for their better learning.
- Grades are improved and absenteeism is reduced.
- 59% of student users claim that they use social networking to discuss educational stuff and 50% use the sites to talk about school assignments.
- Many people who usually don’t even bother to vote, now vote for the better candidates. As they see that their friends have voted then they also try to vote in the same manner following the trend and fulfilling their duty.
- It is great for professionals for marketing, connecting, and finding business opportunities.
- Social networking websites have created thousands of jobs and new avenues of income.
As we discussed the advantages of Social networking websites, in the same manner it also has some of the disadvantages as follows:
- It provides the resources of cheating in school assignments.
- Students who study online have a decrease of 20% in their grades.
- Social networking websites harm productivity. Workers tend to check their profiles alternatively while working which reduces productivity.
- It wastes loads of time.
- It lacks privacy.
- Such sites like Facebook influence you via advertisement to spend more money.
Nothing in this world is created good or bad, but the way we use it makes it good or bad.
Thank you for visiting. Faamolemole toe asiasi!
Faamoemoe e pei o lenei mataupu, pe afai e te faia ia mautinoa e te tuuina atu o se lima matua i luga ma se faamatalaga le lelei i lalo o loo i lalo.