WordPress out of the box is already technically quite a good platform for SEO. This was true when Joost wrote his original WordPress SEO article in 2008 (updated every few months) and it’s still true today, but that doesn’t mean you can’t improve it further! This plugin is written from the ground up by Joost de Valk and his team at Yoast to improve your site’s SEO on all needed aspects. While this Yoast SEO plugin goes the extra mile to take care of all the technical optimization, more on that below, it first and foremost helps you write better content. Yoast SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your articles and then makes sure you use that focus keyword everywhere.
- The Yoast team does not always provide active support for the Yoast SEO plugin on the WordPress.org forums. One-on-one email support is available to people who bought the Premium Yoast SEO plugin only.
- Note that the Premium SEO plugin has several extra features too, including the option to have multiple focus keywords and a redirect manager, so it might be well worth your investment!
- You should also check out the Yoast Local SEO, Yoast News SEO and Yoast Video SEO extensions to Yoast SEO. These, of course, come with support too.
Bug reports for Yoast SEO are welcomed on GitHub. Please note GitHub is not a support forum, and issues that aren’t properly qualified as bugs will be closed.
TECHNICAL WORDPRESS SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
While out of the box WordPress is pretty good for SEO, it needs some tweaks here and there. This Yoast SEO plugin guides you through some of the settings needed, for instance by reminding you to enable pretty permalinks. But it also goes beyond that, by automatically optimizing and inserting the meta tags and link elements that Google and other search engines like so much:
EDIT YOUR .HTACCESS AND ROBOTS.TXT FILE
Using the built-in file editor, you can edit your WordPress blog’s
robots.txt archivo, giving you direct access to the two most powerful files, from an SEO perspective, in your WordPress install.
SEO and Social Media are heavily intertwined. That’s why this plugin also comes with a Facebook OpenGraph implementation and will soon also support Google+ sharing tags.
The Yoast SEO plugin, unlike some others, is fully Multi-Site compatible. The XML Sitemaps work fine in all setups and you even have the option, in the Network settings, to copy the settings from one blog to another, or make blogs default to the settings for a specific blog.
IMPORT & EXPORT FUNCTIONALITY
If you have multiple blogs, setting up plugins like this one on all of them might seem like a daunting task. Except that it’s not, because what you can do is simple: you set up the plugin once. You then export your settings and simply import them on all your other sites. It’s that simple!
Be sure to also check out the premium News SEO module if you need Google News Sitemaps. It tightly integrates with Yoast SEO to give you the combined power of News Sitemaps and full Search Engine Optimization.
FROM WITHIN WORDPRESS
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘Yoast SEO’
- Activate Yoast SEO from your Plugins page.
- Go to “after activation” below.
- Sube la
wordpress-seofolder to the
- Activate the Yoast SEO plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to “after activation” below.
- You should see (a notice to start) the Yoast SEO configuration wizard.
- Go through the configuration wizard and set up the plugin for your site.
- You’re done!
espero que les guste este artículo, si se aseguró de que le dan un pulgar hacia arriba y un buen comentario abajo.